From the name itself, editing includes cleaning up the audio for mistakes and unnecessary noises. Various sections can be added, removed or spliced together.In doing your editing, focusing on the natural flow of the music or voice should be your main concern.
Listening to your audio more than once is a must after splicing or cutting your song together in order to get it right. Through this, you will be able to get the right perspective about the audio’s flow. If you notice that the song is too slow or too fast, then you can adjust the clips to get the rhythm that you desire.
· In order to avoid clicking in every cut, you should make sure that the beginning and ending of each clip has a small fade in and fade out. In some piece, the technique used is to have the overlapping clips on separate tracks still with a fade in and fade out. That is how important a cross face is in clips that is overlapped.
When it comes to online music mixing, it consist of different processes such as compression, leveling and equalizing. The requirements in mixing may differ from one piece to another but the rules are all the same. Below are the basic rules in mixing:
· Always remember that when you mix, the monitors should be at a low level in order to get a better perspective of the mix. Avoid having loud levels because it can cause an ear fatigue.
· Instead of boosting the frequencies, try to cut them.
· One of the absolute must in mixing, you’ve got to hear your mix on various audio systems to determine how well they translate.
· The first thing that you should do is mix the background first, you have to make sure that it won’t drown or conflict with the vocals. If you are already sure about the background music, then you can now introduce the vocal.
The third and final step in producing an audio is the mastering. This should not be done unless you are an expert on this because you might do something that can’t be fixed by a professional. Aside from having a good experience, you should have a very good monitoring system and a very well trained ears because this is a crucial part for your piece. It is really advisable that you let professionals do these kind of things for you, but of you really want to give it a shot, then here are some tips for you.
· You should eq according by using a good spectrum analyzer, through this, you will b able to determine which frequencies are low and high in your mix.
· Before putting on the limiter, you should use at least use 2 or more compressors.
· In order to determine if some frequencies are missing, try to compare the final sound with tracks that is commercially mixed.